Thursday, June 28, 2012

festa junina at CCJ

last night there was this big storm so we woke up to lots of rain & wind.
my first thought was-I GET TO WEAR JEANS!
silly thing to get excited about right? 

after class this morning, we all took buses to Peixinhos to go to a Festa Junina party at our internship CCJ. We were all told to bring treats for the kids so our house brought cookies, and those kids loved them! We had so much fun playing and talking with them. They were all pretty shy and embarrassed to come talk to us so we really had to try to make friends with them. But once they were comfortable they were the cutest things. I had one girl ask me if I was from China and another ask me if I was from Japan. Do I look asian? Maybe my black hair and whiteish(compared to theirs) skin made me look asian. It was also cute being called "senhora"by all the little kiddos too.

They also did a cute little line dance for us. They were adorable.

A lot of these kids have a lot of problems in the home & they go to that place during the day since they have no one at home. One of the little girls I talked to told me she had 13 siblings..

After all the festivities died down, Berkley and Joe played some music for them on the guitar and we sang in portuguese & english. It was really fun!



playing a little handgame with them.

this boy was the cutest little 5 year old.

dancing quadrilha
2 four year old best girl friends dancing together.
little black girl with the prettiest green eyes. she was so cute.
this girl was a little doll as well. eating her corn:)
taking a picture with another cynthia! she took my camera and was so excited to take pictures of everything. I ended up with 120 pictures on my camera thanks to her! lol
that little boy with the hat was a serious little rascal.
so cute!


the kids happy with their cookies that jordan made them.
playing with sparklers. it was not the best idea. i thought for sure someones hair was going to get caught on fire. 

a video of that little rascal..he thinks he's a little playuhh


5 comments:

  1. Haha, it was so fun! Those kids were crazy! It'll be fun to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cindy, these pictures are beautiful! it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Thanks for blogging so frequently. I can imagine the spirit of the places you visit by your pictures and descriptions. Keep the posts coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was just a new place for you...the simple and poor people, but a loving and humble one!! they loved to be there with you!! it helps understand the many blessings we have when we are humble and friendly...I hope you have wonderful experiences as you get to know and learn all the many lives and experiences!! have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha these kids are cute! :) I love the pictures you take up close of them! Is this Festa Junina the festival we went to at that park in Utah last year? Haha sounds familiar!

    ReplyDelete