Saturday, July 14, 2012

João Pessoa

Today we left for João Pessoa(literally translated as John Person), which is the capital of the state above us called Paraiba. It is one of the oldest cities in Brazil, and the most eastern city in all of South America. It is known as the "city where the sun rises first" & was founded in 1585 by French traders of Brazil Wood. It is a charming big city that we get to explore for just a day :)                   
We were fortunate enough to have a big, comfortable bus that will be our personal bus for the next 4 days! It was so big too, so we all got to have our own row. It was perfect for me because I could lay down (caught the cold) and cough all I want without getting all my germs on other people :P                                                                         

After arriving at our hotel & settling in, we got our bathing suits on to head to the beach. The first thing we did was get food (there is nothing worse than a hungry husband) & I had a yummy acai bowl for lunch with granola, banana and condensed milk. :) After getting food, I went to the beach, bundled myself up in all the towels and went to sleep..(I really wasn't feeling good) while Jordan spent the day throwing danillo into the water and playing football.  

After we went to see the sunset on this beautiful river and to have dinner there.


on the bus!
tamandare beach :)

I love natalia! 

waiting for the saxophone player 



sunset on the river.
We went to see the sunset & to also hear this saxophone player play on the lake. It was amazing how everyone (hundreds) of people waited patiently to listen to this old man come out on a boat to play his saxophone. Everyone was taking pictures, videos, and so anxious for him to come out.  He was dressed all in white, and he came out on a little boat on the river and played music while people sat on the deck and listened.  It amazed me how much people appreciated music, specifically the saxophone. I wonder if it's uncommon to come across people who play that instrument, but I thought our singer at dinner was amazing & she didn't get any where near the recognition that the saxophone player got. It made me happy to know that people still appreciate talent and good music. Vanessa said that that was like his 4,267th (something like that) playing out there & he just seems like a nice humble old man. :)

Later we got a steal of a deal on some table place mats/table runners. (I don't know why these things make girls so happy..) but they are adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment